Packrat lets you use your Backpack account when you're offline. Before you hit the road for the first time with Packrat, just use the Synchronize command to sync with Backpack and all the data from your account is duplicated on your Mac. View and edit your data offline or online. When you're online, Packrat will automatically inform Backpack of your changes and your account is kept up to date.
This post details what's new in the latest edition of Packrat.
- Packrat is now a document-based application so it can support multiple Backpack accounts. Just create a document for each account.
- Editing of page items is now inline, just like on Backpack.
- Use drag and drop to reorder page contents.
- Attachments and images are now downloaded when you sync so you can access them when you’re offline.
- Packrat’s page rendering has been completely redone to allow things like inline editing and other enhancements that will come in future versions.
MacUser also discusses the update here: Packrat 2 brings deeper Backpack integration, more.